Registry Easy is another great registry cleaner that can seriously speed up your computer. Just like its name says, this program is super easy to use. But it is also very powerful, and it really increased the speed of all the test computers we installed it on. This program is also extremely low-priced in comparison to all the other computer optimization software programs available, especially when you consider all the features packed into the Registry Easy program. Here’s our full rundown for Registry Easy.
Registry Easy is not expensive, its interface is simple and easy to use, it found the most registry errors and fixed them, and it boasts 24 additional features to aid in speeding up the computer.
Registry Easy Review
- It found 3796 registry errors and fixed them all
- It significantly improved the test computers performance
- Easy to use
- One of the cheapest on the market
- It took 1 hour and 44 minutes to scan the registry
- No technical phone support, limited to email and help guides
Free Trial: Use Registry Easy for 30 Days Free
You can download, install and run the full Registry Easy program on your computer for 30 days for free. Use it to diagnose and fix your registry and see how much faster your computer performs. To get your free trial, visit the Registry Easy website.
Ease of Use
A very easy to use program, novice users will find it intuitive and user friendly – on the left there are 7 buttons which are used to select what function to perform in Registry Easy, and on the right is displayed the tools and information for what is selected.
- Click Download Trial
- The registry easy website will open up
- Click the big blue Download Now button
- File download window will popup, click save and the registry install file will be downloaded to the computer
Note: The file is about 5mbs and using an average internet connection it should take no more than 2 minutes to download.
Installing was straight forward and easy – basically you run the install file; click a couple of next buttons on the installation wizard, and Registry Easy is installed. It all takes about 2 minutes.
How The Registry Cleaning Works
Registry Easy does a lot of things in the system optimization space – but its flagship feature is Registry Cleaning and it does a damn good job.
Every time you open the program you start off on the ‘Registry Cleaner’ area at step 1, here you choose what items you want to scan and clean in the registry.
Once you have selected (for novice users just select all), and then click the big Scan Now button. It will now scan the registry for problems; I have a lot of files and a big hard-drive on the test machine, so it took 1 hour and 44 minutes to scan the entire registry, you can still use your computer whilst it’s working – I watched Dexter a TV series on the computer whilst it was performing the scan. When the scan finished it ended up finding 3796 entries with errors.
When Registry Easy is finished scanning for registry problems you then select what errors you want to repair, and then click the Repair button.
I only had a trial version, so at this point a windows pops-up and presents a prompt to buy to fix all the problems. I clicked OK and was directed to the Registry Easy website to purchase, I entered my details and purchased a 1 year license for $39.95.
I then entered the registry key I purchased into the registration window on Registry Easy and got the message “Congratulations! This copy is registered successfully.”
Now I have a full copy of Registry Easy I click the Repair button, but this time I am prompted with a Create Full Registry Backup window. I clicked the Backup Now button. It took about 30 seconds to backup the registry, when that’s complete the registry repairing starts automatically. It took about a minute or so to repair the registry and then lastly it presented me with a report of the registry entries it fixed – the registry is now repaired.
Registry Easy has 24 or so brilliant features that combined should keep your system in shape.
1. Evidence Cleaner – allows you to select a range of temporary information stored on your computer and delete it such as cache, address bar history, cookies, auto-complete data, run history and much more unnecessary and security compromising information that your computer stores.
2. Junk File cleaner – scans your system for junk files and removes them to free up hard-drive space.
3. Registry Backup – backs up the registry so at anytime you can revert back to previous registry settings.
4. Restore Point – create a restore point that saves the whole computers current system settings, that way you can choose a saved restore point in the event of a problem and return the computer to a earlier working state.
5. Favorites Backup – saves your internet browser favorites so in the event of a computer error you don’t lose that important data.
6. Folder Backup – gives you the ability to backup any file or folder on your computer.
7. System Optimizer – executes algorithms (code) to adjust your computer settings for optimal performance.
8. Optimize Internet – manipulates the internet browser and network settings to improve the speed of online browsing.
9. Tweak Memory – tweaks, recovers and finds system memory which makes the PC run faster.
10. Easy Repair Wizard – has a number of common problems it lists that it can fix at a click of a button.
11. Error Utilities – common problems that cause windows system to crash, freeze and give the blue screen of death, and a few more are listed here. Select the problem to fix and click the repair button.
12. File Association – Searches the system for any invalid file associations, the utility then correct the extension problems.
13. Register ActiveX – it re-registers ActiveX and .dll objects to solve various computer problems.
14. Shortcuts Fixer – finds invalid shortcuts and fixes them.
15. Winsock2 Repair – fixes the Winsock2 which acts like a interface that between programs and the operating system.
16. Block ActiveX – allows you to manage registered ActiveX controls.
17. File Recoveryer – finds deleted files and allows you to recover them.
18. File Splitter & Joiner – gives you the ability to split files into a series of smaller ones which can later be used to put the original file back together. This makes files easier to distribute over the internet, emails, etc.
19. Password Recovery – Passwords that have been saved on the computer can be retrieved with this tool.
20. Startup Manager – an easy to use interface to manage which applications open when the computer starts.
21. Uninstall Manager – any easy way to remove programs from your computer inside of having to navigate through the Control panel juggle.
22. BHO Manager – Browser Helper Object (BHO) are add in programs for internet explorer. The tool allows you to manage them.
23. IE Restore – gives you the ability to reset internet explorer back to its out of the box (original) settings.
24. IE Management – allows you to easily customize IE settings like setting your homepage, the default download directory and so on.
Help and Support
- Online FAQs;
- Email Support;
- A help guide built into the program;
- Downloaded by 5,282,070 people
- 5 Star review ratings from: download3000.com, bluesofts.com, soft32.com and snapfiles.com to name a few.
Unconditional 60 days money-back guarantee
Registry easy took 1 hour and 44 minutes (or 2 episodes of Dexter) to scan for registry problems and has only email technical support, But tt found 3796 registry entries with errors and fixed them, it has 24 additional features and the test machine was noticeably faster after playing with Registry Easy. A pretty good registry repair tool.